B.S. in Medical Laboratory Science
Who Would be Interested in Medical Laboratory Science?
- Have a strong interest in science
- Like to work independently
- Want a health career with minimal patient contact
- Want a good starting salary with benefits
Why Medical Laboratory Science?
- The Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program is a NACCLS accredited program.
- Students in the MLS program have a graduation rate of 96% and an 86% employment rate.
- Students in the MLS programs have a clinical practicum (rotation) in an area hospital at the end of their campus courses that helps to make each student "job ready" after graduation.
Learn from the Best
- MLS instructors are readily available by email, phone or office for questions or problems and are concerned about the success of their students.
- Faculty have many years of clinical experience working as laboratory professionals in the various specialties of the clinical laboratory in hospitals.
- Faculty share more than 50 years of teaching excellence with the MLS programs and provide a nurturing environment for students.
- Faculty are actively involved in professional organizations and continuing education to keep abreast of the laboratory profession.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
For MLS, there is a formal application period during which students who have met the requirements of passing all supporting science courses and having a GPA of 2.5 are considered by committee for entry into the MLS program.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
Graduates of the MLS program can be found working in a variety of areas, including:
- Hospital, clinic and reference laboratories
- Sales representatives in laboratory industries
- Veterinary and forensic laboratories
- Colleges and universities
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 24, 2015