Master of Science in Public Health
The Master of Public Health is an interdisciplinary program that prepares health professionals to design, develop, implement, and evaluate programs that have an impact on the health of the community. The program is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, UAE. It provides health professionals with a broad spectrum of skills and knowledge important for effective health professionals working in different health care settings. The program consists of a total of 45 credit hours over four semesters and covers the five core areas of public health while being applied in a local context. The program is offered through blended learning approach that allows participants to continue working full- time while pursuing the degree.
What is Unique about this Program?
- Uniqueness of Master of Science Master of Science in Public Health: Excellence in Health Care Management Program
- Flexible delivery model using e-learning platform and resources to suit lifestyles of busy professionals in employment
- Faculty diversity through an international network of world-class faculty to guarantee scholastic learning combined with practical experience and international expertise
- Use of innovative teaching and learning methods to develop practical skills built sound theoretical expertise and competencies and complemented by case studies.
- Local practitioners-led case studies to contextualize problem-solving with reference to the Arabic Countries
- Opportunities to explore and test the advance theories at workplaces and in local industry
- Sharper focus on health operations in relation to the professional and social contexts of the Arabic Countries
The Master of Public Health is designed to attract qualified graduate learners who wish to pursue a career in public health and public Health professionals who wish to enhance their skills in public health practices. This includes learners with medical or paramedical background including nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and other allied health graduates and professionals.
On completion of this program the learners can occupy very significant positions in hospitals, healthcare administration, pharmaceutical industries, biotech industries, and environmental industries, etc.
- Develop learners to be exemplary professionals who can integrate and apply public health knowledge and perform its functions
- Develop an innovative program that integrates five core areas of public health with elective courses and research skills to match learner
- Improve cultural competences, analytic skills and abilities of the learners to help them to face challenging issues in public health practice
- Provide learners with opportunities for integration and practical application of the learned competencies through practicum, seminars, and other innovative educational, research and service activities
- Integrate knowledge and technical skills in the five core public health competencies to assess the health status of the population, diagnose its problems, investigate causes, and design solutions for those problems. The five core areas are biostatistics, health services administration, epidemiology, environmental health and social and behavioral sciences.
- Analyze environmental and occupational risks and develop strategies for a healthier environment and a safer workplace.
- Evaluate social determinants of health on populations and the range of political, social, economic, environmental and health interventions that might improve population health.
- Develop public health policies and administrative processes to effectively contribute to the management of public health services.
- Apply research and evaluation skills to identify and manage society's public health needs and problems.
- Effectively plan and evaluate public health programs using appropriate analysis and evaluation methods.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 1, 2016