MSc Program in Health Economics and Health Care Management
The health sector is a growth market of great economic significance. It is an interdisciplinary system that is steadily growing in complexity, and in which medical and economic concepts are closely connected. An MSc in Health Economics and Health Care Management prepares you for demanding positions in hospitals, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and health care associations.
What You Will Learn
The program combines health economics and health management with general management studies and scientific research. You will learn to structure complex situations, make informed judgments, and implement them effectively. Experienced instructors with an academic and a professional background will support you as you advance your knowledge of health economics and health care management and will enable you to develop a professional network while completing your studies. This will allow you to create the ideal conditions for a successful career in the health care sector.
Your Career Prospects
- Project management, scientific project work
- Assisting executive board members and district managers
- Sales, key account management, scientific analysis (evaluations, assessments)
- qualified staff responsibilities (e.g., strategic planning, process development, quality management)
- Consulting/business analysis
- Hospitals and hospices
- Medical and accident insurers
- Social care
- Outpatient care (Medical practitioners, Spitex, dentists)
- Pharmaceutical sector
- Pharmacies and drugstores
- Associations and foundations
Flexible and Practically Oriented
The program takes four semesters to complete and will enable you to hold a part-time position of up to 50% due to a well-balanced study load and block seminars. Nearly half of the program is devoted to applied research. You will acquire advanced academic research competencies, conduct application-oriented research projects, and write an academic Master's thesis on a research question of practical relevance.
What You Need to Qualify
Applicants are admitted to the program subject to an application procedure. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from an officially recognized acedemic university or university of applied sciences.
- Successful completion of a related degree program worth at least 180 ECTS credits and high grades in the relevant subjects.
- Excellent communication skills in Germand and English.
At a Glance
- Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Health Economics and Health Care Management
- Start of Program: Mid-September
- Workload: 90 ECTS credits (corresponding to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
- Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%)
- Location: Switzerland/Winterthur
- Semester Fee: CHF 720
- Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
- Language of instruction: German/English
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2016