Health care is a rapidly changing and increasingly important part of the world economy. Managers and executives in this field must be equipped to make complex business decisions in a dynamic environment.
To thrive in the health care arena, business leaders must be able to navigate a number of evolving forces, including:
- The ever-increasing costs of heath care
- The evolving needs of the health care consumer
- Organizational innovation in a regulated market
- The advancing role of information technology in redefining health care delivery
- Structures to support the development and implementation of technologies in the biotechnology, medical device, imaging, and diagnostic arenas
- Globalization as an opportunity for developed and emerging markets
Duke's Health Sector Management (HSM) concentration prepares students to analyze these factors strategically and create successful business solutions -- as well as further their own health care careers.
Building on the flagship Duke MBA program, our curriculum allows students to take the skills acquired in their MBA courses and immediately begin applying them to the health sector.
The HSM program is available to students in the Daytime MBA program, as well as those in the Weekend Executive and Global Executive programs.
Duke MBA graduates with a concentration in Health Sector Management (HSM) are trained to thrive in their health care industry careers.
In coordination with The Duke MBA Career Management Center (CMC), the HSM program supports its students whether they are seeking employment or seeking to invigorate their career through broad networking opportunities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2015