Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Pharmacy is part of Charles University, the oldest and largest university in the Eastern and Central Europe. It is one of the world´s top universities and out of all Czech universities it is also the most credited university abroad. Charles University was founded by Charles IV, the Czech King and Roman Emperor, in 1348 and currently comprises 17 faculties altogether.
Faculty of Pharmacy is the center of the pharmaceutical education and research in the Czech Republic.
Pharmacy Master program in our faculty
- A five - year study program of Pharmacy taught in English
- Study program complies with the EU directive 2005/36/EC
- The study program comprises compulsory, electives and optional courses.
- Biology and chemistry based first two years of study
- Pharmaceutical subjects starting from the 3rd year of study
- Diploma thesis and final state exam leading to Master degree (Mgr. fully equivalent to MSc, and optional Doctor of Pharmacy degree, Pharm.Dr)
- Possibility to join excellent research teams at our faculty during your studies during your undergraduate study
- Each semester consists of 14 weeks of classes, which are followed by 4 to 5 weeks of examination period.
- The total number of classes per week amounts to approximately 28 hours including compulsory and electives subjects.
- No Bachelor study available
Why to choose us?
- Charles University is prestigious and high quality university (among the best 1.5% universities over the world)
- Faculty of Pharmacy has been running Pharmacy study program in English for 15 years
- Since the 2nd year of study waiver up minus 20% of the original tuition fee in case of very good study results is available.
- Faculty of Pharmacy is both Teaching and Research institution
- Competitive tuition fees 180 000 CZK per year (approximately 6 500 EUR or 7 400 USD).
- Comfortable life and living costs in Hradec Kralove and the Czech Republic
Graduate profile – what is your perspective?
- To work as a Pharmacist in a public or private pharmacy
- To work as a Clinical pharmacist in hospitals (important partner for doctors in clinical practice)
- To study as a PhD student – Research and Development of Drugs
- To work in the pharmaceutical industry
- To work in the healthcare system specializing on drugs
How to apply – general requirements
- Secondary school certificates (study reports from each study year, list of subjects with number of lessons, school leaving certificate, A- Levels).
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Curriculum vitae
- No Entrance examination so far
Survey of Tuition Fees
|Type of study||
Tuition fee CZK
"Master" Course in English
|180.000 CZK||150 €||120 €|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 9, 2016