Justification and Purpose
In recent years, the Portuguese Health System suffered numerous reforms in order to enhance its flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
The new system has implemented new models and new corporate management tools and techniques, which have rendered the work of the care units’ managers more demanding. Indeed, they have to master a very specific range of competencies, which require appropriate and autonomous training different from the general training in management, thereby justifying the relevance of a Master Programme in Health Care Units Management.
Therefore, this programme addresses the needs felt by health professionals, working in both public and private organisatons. Its broadband objectives are listed below:
- Provide accurate and comprehensive training in the area of Management;
- Promote the consolidation of a conceptual and methodological framework in Management, allowing for a practical effective intervention, through specific techniques and tools in the context of health organisations;
- Promote the development and dissemination of relevant scientific research in this key area of Management, by encouraging the elaboration of a dissertation, or a project, in the last academic semester.
It is a three-semester-long programme whose curriculum comprises 100 ECTS. It seeks to promote the consolidation of a conceptual and methodological framework in what concerns the methods and tools for the management of financial, human and material resources, deemed useful to allow for an effective intervention in the context of health care unit/organisations, focusing on the following competencies:
- Master the main theories and concepts of the current thinking subjacent to the multiple areas of Management, and the assessment of their practical application in the context of health care organisations.
- Apply technical skills in the various functional areas of Management and their use for resolving organisational problems within health care units;
- Prepare, evaluate and transfer of current management tools and techniques to health care units;
- Intervene in the organisational change processes to respond effectively to the surrounding socio-economic demands.
Are you eager to pursue a solid and innovative training and, at the same time, acquire a unique professional profile in the labour market? Master Programme in Health Care Units Management is the answer!
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated January 15, 2016