Under the patronage of SIT – the Italian Society of Telemedicine - The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree Course in e-Health Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
E-Health is the combined use of information technology and electronic communication, especially the internet, in the health sector, for clinical, educational and administrative purposes; both on-site and at distance (in which case it is called Telemedicine).
E-Health is not only a technical development, but also represents a way of thinking, a commitment, an organizational approach to improve health care locally or regionally by using the new opportunities presented by Information and Communication Technology.
On completion of the training course, attendees will:
- understand e-Health and Telemedicine terminologies and their areas of application
- be aware of the most widespread and innovative technology platforms and solutions available
- possess the skills to evaluate and choose the best e-Health projects and solutions
- be able to manage the organizational aspects stemming from the introduction of e-Health in an Institution, a Region, or a Country
- be able to apply the knowledge of the best-in-class European e-Health projects to the domestic contexts
- be e-Health evangelists.
- Introduction, Terms and General Concepts
- Health Technology Assessment
- Electronic Medical Records
- National Electronic Health Records
- Chronic Disease Management
- EMR for Primary Care
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- UK WSD “The Largest Randomised Control Trial of Telehealth and Telecare in the World”
- Better Health Through IT
- Standards and Interoperability
- Telemedicine: areas of use and technologies
- Introducing e-Health in Hospital environments
- Economics of e-Health
- Healthcare reform: changing the healthcare models in Europe
- ESA activities in Telemedicine: space technology for downstream eHealth applications
- E-Health experiences in the Italian regions
- E-Health in Hospitals
- Telemedicine for local organizations
- Telemedicine for developing Countries
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Designing of e-health projects
- European Structural Funding for e-Health management
The participation fee for the Master’s Degree in E-Health Management is € 3.500,00. The course is structured in:
- 20 two hour seminars and
- a final project work.
This course may be attended in the following formulas:
- on campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.
- distance learning, through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 1, 2016