MSc in Leadership in Health Professions Education
This programme is designed to help you develop as an effective teacher, mentor, supervisor and educational leader. Particular areas of focus include how you use leadership capabilities in curriculum design, educational strategies, assessment of learning, clinical supervision, educational research and programme evaluation through professional application & scholarship.
Is this programme for you?
This programme is designed for all healthcare professionals who wish to demonstrate leadership in teaching and learning. If you are already working as an educator of if teaching is part of your day-to-day job, this programme will support you and develop you as a leader in education.
Delivery & Design
The programme is delivered using a combination of classroom contact days supported by online learning. Each module is delivered using a combination of web-based instruction and three days of class contact. To complete the MSc degree you must complete all six modules and a workplace based project. Modules are assessed by a mixture of individual written assignments, classroom presentations and completion of an electronic portfolio. Learning OutcomesThe following are the Learning Outcomes for MSc in Leadership Health Professions Education:
- Combine leadership skills with an in depth understanding of the spectrum of medical education.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the area of health curriculum design, delivery, evaluation and assessment.
- Promote and support a culture conducive to student learning and faculty professional development in the context of the health education environment.
- Facilitate the development of a vision for teaching and learning in the health care setting that is shared by all stakeholders and responds to diverse community needs.
- Assume a leadership role as an effective educator and advocate for improved health education delivery.
- Effectively manage change in the health education context to deliver best practice in health education programs.
- Promote the scholarship of teaching and learning and the place of education research that contributes to evidence-based practice.
- Develop students’ ability to integrate skills and knowledge gained throughout the program and to apply these to an organizational development project.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2016