- Duration (years): 2 years
- Qualification Awarded: Clinical Dietetics (MSc, 2 years or 4 semesters)
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle (Master Degree)
- Language of Instruction: Ελληνικά
- Mode of Study: Full time/part time
- Minimum Credits: 48
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 120
Profile of the Programme:
- To impart knowledge and develop capacitate of the students through state-of- the-art higher education in the area of Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics and Medical Nutrition Management;
- To develop students to become health care professionals for services in various fields of clinical nutrition and medical nutrition management and related areas such as hospitals, academics, research, industry, clinical nutrition departments, training, extension and community service;
- To develop capacities and abilities and enable students to pursue higher education and research in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
On successful completion each student is eligible to apply for registration as a clinical dietitian at the Cyprus Registration Board for Food Scientists, Technologists and Dietitians (CyRBFSTD). The only MSc in Clinical Dietetics in Cyprus.
Fulfills the requirements and expectations of the Cyprus Registration Board for Food Scientists, Technologists and Dietitians, Cyprus Dietetic and Nutrition Association, Health and Care Professional Council for the title of RD.
Our graduates may be employed in the following sectors/areas:
- Work as Clinical Dietitians in Hospitals/Clinics with Consultants with health care centres/schools/corporate organizations/NGOs
- Technical marketing in Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Industry for nutritional support products/nutraceuticals
- Clinical Research
- Independent practice
- Clinical Dietitians in Food Industry
- Freelance Clinical writing
As public interest in food and health grows, career opportunities for qualified dietitians are expanding every year.
The largest employer of the graduates is either in hospital or community health services, in a range of organisations including research institutes, consumer groups, food retailers, and government departments and agencies.
Others can become successful as food and health journalists or developed careers in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Access to Further Studies:
Graduates of the MSc program (Thesis Option) may continue their studies towards a PhD/DProf degree
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 20, 2016