The online Master of Healthcare Management degree program at New England College of Business was created at the nexus of policy implementation and business management. As such, the program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to evaluate the implications of policy on organizational structure, marketing, finance and strategy.
A Healthcare Career with Impact
Healthcare is the fastest-growing sector of the U.S. economy, employing over 18 million people*and accounting for about a fifth of the nation's economy. This online healthcare master's program is designed for individuals who may or may not already be in the healthcare profession but are interested in transitioning to healthcare management positions. These leadership positions are often found in for-profit and nonprofit entities related to healthcare delivery, clinical practices, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, healthcare services, insurance and investment firms.
Preparing You to Address Healthcare Industry Challenges
The curriculum for the online Master of Healthcare Management degree is designed to prepare graduates to address healthcare industry challenges related to health policy, health operations management, risk and regulatory compliance and more.
The in-depth, online coursework is designed to equip graduates to:
- Understand the unique policy, regulatory, and legal issues facing U.S. healthcare industry participants and address these complexities in planning and decision making
- Analyze financial statements and statistical data to understand the financial health of the organization, opportunities for growth, or cost containment and use this detailed and high-level data to inform decision making, plan, and manage risk
- Construct and apply analytical and performance improvement tools including information technology, that help healthcare executives and managers solve complex operations problems and make efficient and effective healthcare operations decisions
- Compose effective strategies in the management contemporary healthcare operations issues such as process improvement, patient flow and quality improvement
- Design interprofessional teams to create a strategic planning process to address quality improvement initiatives in a healthcare setting
Master of Healthcare Management Admission Requirements
We accept admission applications for our Master of Healthcare Management (MHM) program throughout the year. Evaluation of each candidate's application is based on the following:
- Application for Admission
- Payment of $75 application fee (one-time, non-refundable)
- Bachelor from a regionally accredited college with a 2.7 GPA or higher or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency
- Official copies of all college/university-level transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) along with program and course descriptions if student is seeking to transfer credit
- Essay (approximately one-two pages) describing how the Master of Healthcare Management will help you to achieve your long and short term personal and professional goals
- Current resume
- Student Financial Agreement or financial loan documentation if student is seeking alternative funding
- Interview, via phone or in person, with program chair or member of academic affairs
Prerequisites: Students entering the program that cannot demonstrate adequate undergraduate course work in Statistics will be required to take up to 3 undergraduate credits, as a prerequisite, in Statistics. This course must be completed prior to acceptance into the Master of Healthcare Management program.
Foreign language students: a score of 550 or better must be achieved on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, or demonstrate proficiency in English as established through SAT or the ACT tests, or other methods documenting the student's fluency in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 20, 2016