- Qualification gained: NCFE Level 2
- Place of study: Learn from home
- Type of course: Online distance learning course with no exams
- Course duration: 10 to 16 weeks
Are you thinking to start a career in social and health care or already working? Give your career a boost by completing Principles of Dementia Care Level 2 course.
You can create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry by completing this nationally recognised qualification. This course is delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study. The course content has total seven units including dementia awareness, person-centered approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia, understanding the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia, understanding equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and more. Personal tutors are assigned to ensure that learners have the support needed to succeed. Customer service support will be provided throughout the course time.
Who is suitable?
This course is suitable for those in the care profession, or who are looking into a career in this field of work. The qualification is also suitable for those who are a home carer or have an interest in learning more about dementia.
What you will learn
This course is split into seven manageable units:
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness
- Unit 2: The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Unit 6: Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7: Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- • Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2016