The Health Systems Management program will provide the student a better understanding of the use of Information Technology as it relates specifically to the Healthcare Information Technology domain. Global advancements in the use of technology in electronic medical records, automated voice transcription, digital imaging concepts, ADT (admission-discharge-transfer) systems messaging and workflow, Protocol analysis with HL7 and Dicom, HIPPA/PIPEDA/Security, billing, and similar technologies.
A Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree, preferably in Information Technology, Mathematics, Writing, or Health Sciences. Other backgrounds considered on a case-by-case basis.
Acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
Recommended Academic Preparation
Previous business or Information Technology post-secondary education and/or training and/or work experience.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016