Doctor of Medicine MD
American University of Integrative Sciences, St. Maarten School of Medicine, (AUIS) is an internationally recognized four-year program that gives our students a solid education in Allopathic Medicine which is coupled with Integrative Medicine. These approaches give our graduates tools to prevent disease instead of focusing solely on reactive patient care.
The American University of Integrative Sciences is a well-established Caribbean medical school which holds its charter from the government of St. Maarten. Our students study medicine with a special focus on community service, evidence-based complementary and alternative strategies, and the business of medicine. A versatile and modern course curriculum is offered by highly qualified and experienced faculty, supported by a talented and approachable staff. Clinical Clerkships are offered at over 60 affiliations in 20+ states, Canada, St. Maarten and globally. Fundamentals of Clinical Medicine is offered to students requiring assistance to prepare for USMLE Step I. Prep courses are also available for USMLE Step II CK and CS.
Medical School Prerequisites
- Biology: Biology 1 year, including laboratory work.
- Inorganic or General Chemistry: 1 year, including laboratory work
- Organic Chemistry: 1 year, including laboratory work.
- Physics: 1 year, including laboratory work.
- Mathematics: a college level math course is also required.
Other Attributes of Successful AUIS Applicants
- Medical school can be very challenging. A successful applicant must excel in the STEM disciplines and possess the ambition and focus necessary to realize the dream of becoming a physician.
Other Medical School Enrollment Information
AUIS reserves the right to change admission requirements, application procedures, and admission policies at any time, without prior notice.
Transfer Students: AUIS does accept transfer students from other medical schools. Transfer credit for courses taken as a matriculated student at another medical school may be awarded at the discretion of the Dean or his/her designee according to the following guidelines:
- The medical school where the courses were taken must be ECFMG-approved and W.H.O. listed.
- The course was completed in its entirety. Transfer credit will not be given for a course if only the first part of a two-part course was completed.
- A passing grade was earned in the course.
Basic Sciences Campus: Cole Bay, St. Maarten
Clinical Education: AUIS's network of clinical affiliates includes hospitals in the United States, Canada, St. Maarten, and globally.
Tuition per term Flat Rate:
- Basic Sciences* Terms 1-5/per semester: $9,850
- Clinical Sciences Terms 6-11/per semester: $10,050
Funding Your Medical Education
American University of Integrative Sciences, St. Maarten School of Medicine is committed to providing medical students with information to help them fund their education through student loan programs, medical school financial aid, and scholarships.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 23, 2016