Dental Business Assistant Certificate
You will become the linchpin in the success of a complex and vital organization, gaining the skills necessary to help dental practices thrive. You are the liaison between dentists and the patients, ensuring they get the care they need, and a team leader, ensuring everything runs smoothly.
In this 8-month (2 semester) program from the Chiu School of Business, you will learn dental science, charting, business communication, billing, financial management, and computer skills.
Employment prospects for Dental Business Assistants are projected to remain strong over the next five years due to an increasing population, shortage of dental staff to meet the demand for dental care, and retirements. In addition, improvements in technology and a greater proportion of people with dental insurance have made dental services more accessible, and consequently, more people are seeking out these services.
8-months (2 semesters)
- English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in a Grade 10 Math (excluding Math 10-4 and Math 16 levels)
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing and 450 in Math
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- For applicants whose first language is not English, please review English language proficiency requirements online.
Work experience options are available. Please contact a Student Engagement Officer for details. A Police Information Check (PIC) dated within 90 days of the start of work experience will be required.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2015