This course is designed to provide people with the skills and knowledge required to meet the entry requirements of the Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled / Division 2 Nursing) or the Curtin University Bachelor of Science (Nursing). This course will provide academic knowledge for entry into these 2 programs and you will improve your maths and communication skills and learn about physics, chemistry, microbiology and human biology. The course will enhance the educational prospects for those wishing to undertake further study to train as an enrolled nurse or a registered nurse.
"Students must complete a total number of 6 core units. Core units are :
- Develop And Demonstrate Advanced Communication Skills
- Develop And Apply Knowledge Of Human Biology
- Perform Calculations In Health Mathematics
- Apply Concepts From Chemistry And Physics To Health
- Apply Basic Microbiological And Infection Control Concepts
- Identify And Document Sociological Processes That Influence Health"
"An IELTS score (Academic) of 6.0 with no band score less than 6.0 or equivalent is required. Year 11 with passes in English and Maths is required for entry into this course"
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2016