Being a nurse is about caring.
Nurses provide care in hospitals, homes, work places and the community. A nurse provides help to people across a wide range of health areas that include assisting them to recover from acute illnesses and injury, regaining their independence, adjusting to chronic conditions and staying healthy.
Bring your passion for nursing to Murdoch and we'll provide you with a strong foundation to help you become a registered nurse, and the experience you need to begin a rewarding career.
Prepare for a variety of diverse and exciting roles as a registered nurse
Murdoch graduates are welcomed by an industry looking for well-prepared nurses who have the knowledge and breadth of skills to provide nursing care across a broad spectrum of areas.
At Murdoch our 3 year Bachelor of Nursing program provides an exceptional learning experience to assist you achieve this. In addition to Murdoch Nursing´s excellent learning and teaching resources, our teaching staff offer a wealth of clinical, academic and research expertise.
Your entry into rewarding employment
After graduating from Nursing at Murdoch you will be well-prepared to register with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia as a high-quality nursing professional who is ready to begin a career across a variety of clinical and community areas.
Enrolled nurses are welcome to apply and will receive up to one year advanced standing into our degree.
Qualify and apply
The qualifications listed below are Murdoch University's standard undergraduate admission requirements for international students. Any of these will allow you to gain direct entry into most Murdoch undergraduate degree programs.
Eligibility to apply
In addition to english proficiency, students should achieve at least one the following in order to be eligible to apply:
- GCE A-Level/STPM: At least 7 points over the best 2 or 3 subjects at H2 level
- WAUPP: CPS of at least 54
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Full IB Diploma awarded, score of at least 25
- Australian ATAR: An Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 65.00 or greater (indicative)
- Indonesian SMU3: Score of 8
- For Diploma and post-secondary graduates: Successful completion of your Diploma or other recognised post-secondary qualification will usually allow you to direct entry to those Murdoch University programs that have standard entry requirements. Requests for advanced standing (credit and exemptions) will be assessed upon request.
In addition to at least one of the above, applicants for Nursing will need to submit a Personal Statement. This is a brief essay (generally no more than 500 words) outlining why you wish to undertake the program you have applied for, how you consider your past study and experiences to be relevant to the program for which you are applying and why you think you will succeed in this course.
In order to gain admission to Murdoch University, students must satisfy Murdoch University English requirements by demonstrating competency in the English Language.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2015