BSc in Animal and Veterinary Science
If you want to work with animals, this program prepares you for a variety of career options, from livestock management, to dairy production, to veterinary science.
In this program, you will study animal health, growth and nutrition. Courses explore topics in animal science, production and business management. Learn how to raise and care for animals, produce and market dairy products, operate a livestock facility, and much more. The program’s many emphasis areas include a pre-veterinary option for students who are interested in continuing their education in veterinary health.
Much of your education will take place in the on-campus labs and animal research centers, where you will study and gain hands-on experience with the university’s 50 purebred cows, 100 milking Holsteins, and more than 100 breeding Suffolk ewes.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy animal biology or medicine
- Are interested in the livestock or dairy industry
- Are involved in 4-H or other agriculture-related activities
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Veterinarian (with additional education)
- Ranch manager
- Business owner
- Production manager
- Sales representative
- Marketing director
Areas of Concentration
Whether it’s custom classes, an emphasis, or an option, this degree offers you an even more enhanced and customizable experience in the following areas:
- Business: Animal & Veterinary Science, B.S.
- Dairy: Animal & Veterinary Science, B.S.
- Science/Pre-Veterinary: Animal & Veterinary Science, B.S.
- Production: Animal & Veterinary Science, B.S.
The Following are acceptable as proof of English competency for students whom English is not their primary language.
- TOEFL – 525 PBT or 70 iBT
- IELTS – 6.0
- Pearson PTE – 48
- ELS Language Center pass Level 112
- SAT – 500 on critical reading
- Cambridge CAE and CPE – pass
- Cambridge Intl "O" Levels – pass
- MELAB – 74
- American Language & Culture Program level 5
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2015