There are numerous scholarships available, based on academic merit. These are all 25% of tuition fee and if the University feels the student's application is strong enough, the 25% scholarship will be deducted from the student's course fee.
Students will be expected to have, or expected to complete, an Undergraduate degree in sports science, physiology, sports therapy, physiotherapy, health, healthcare. There is significnat evidence that effective exercise can prevent diabetes, obesity and other health problems.
In the UK system, we expect a 2:ii. If you are from the USA, Nigeria or India this is a CGPA 3.0 in the USA, in the Nigerian system this is a Lower Second and in India this is 60%. For other nationalities, please request this information through the enquiry form on this page.
There are several core modules (classes) you must study and also optional modules.
Applied Exercise for Health PgCert/PgDip/MSc
Suitable for health professionals with an interest in exercise and the potential of physical activity, this course incorporates the exploration of physical activity in various critical settings within the public health arena (eg obesity, sedentary lifestyles and diabetes). This is a flexible programme structured to provide core and option modules tailored to the individual student profile.
What will you study?
In parallel to and offering shared learning with the MSc Rehabilitation, this course offers the opportunity to enhance the skills of critical enquiry and gain an appreciation of the underlying theory, research and policy guiding current health practice. There is a strong emphasis on exercise physiology, the role of exercise through the lifespan, and psychology for exercise to understand issues critical to adherence and behaviour change.
- Shared campus with one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK.
- Before starting the course, you can discuss your work and personal and professional aspirations to select appropriate modules and create an individual programme plan.
- You will have the chance to meet other postgraduate students with whom you will share the core modules.
- You can take individual modules as free-standing short courses without committing to the full MSc.
- The course can be taken full time over one calendar year (Thursdays and Fridays) or part time over two years (attending for one day). More flexible routes can be discussed with the course director within a five year period.
- Advanced exercise prescription
- Critical thinking in practice
- Data analysis
- Exercise through the life span
- Research methods
- Research project
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Exercise intervention for obesity and diabetes
- Life after stroke
- Managing fatigue: implications for exercise
- Pain management
- Professional development in rehabilitation
- Psychology for exercise
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Quality and innovation in rehabilitation
- Self-management in long term and neurological conditions
- Work based learning
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2016