The MAN-IMAL Master’s degree entitled "From Animal to Man: Analysing and Managing Health and Food Risks", is a post-graduate degree programme. More specifically, it is an additional and complementary degree whose objective is to train students and professional executives to work within an international environment while sharing skills related to their fields of expertise, in order to cope with public health issues.
The programme is engineered by a pedagogical team of over 80 experts and professionals from a variety of disciplines (agronomy, medicine, veterinary studies, biology, pharmacy, law, economics, management). The curriculum strongly emphasizes the pedagogical use of ICTE (Information and Communication Technology for Education), allowing individual progression within the programme and the learning processes. Due to the international focus of the programme, all courses are taught in English and students, as well as professors from all over the world are welcome. As such, the programme offers a rich exchange amongst different cultures and an international perspective on public health topics.
The Academic year is divided into two semesters:
- 1st semester: lectures, tutorials, case scenarios and a tutored project are based on five separate teaching units: Epidemiology, Health Organisation and Policies/Management and Communication, Production Chains, Biological and Chemical Risks and Nutritional Contamination/Transfers. In addition, students will work on tutored projects in pluridisciplinary groups. Each group will be in contact with an organisation/company to work on particular topics related to the One Health theme.
- 2nd semester: a 5-to- 6- months internship in France or abroad, in an organisation/company/laboratory related to a MAN-IMAL theme. The student will perform work in order to create research material. The results of his work will be explained and demonstrated in a thesis defense in front of the internship tutor and the tutoring teachers.
In order to be eligible, all candidates must:
- Have completed a Bsc in medical, biological, pharmaceutical or veterinary sciences, food processing engineering or agriculture,
- Obtain a 1st-year Master’s degree (equivalent to 60 ECTS credits of post-graduate studies) or have a significant work experience (36 months) in the same fields as above-mentioned,
- Have a good level of English and a minimum level of French.
Please note that all candidates with this profile will be studied on a case by case basis. The selection is subject to a rigorous screening process.
Tuition fee and financial aid
The MAN-IMAL 2nd-year Master's tuition fee is 270 euros (subject to change according to the annual index). A financial aid can be granted according to the student motivation and career objectives.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2015